Another year has passed, and there's still no sign of these being recovered and credited. Is this issue ever going to be resolved??
We talked with WCG and they are actively working on an issue this week that has kept user settings from synchronizing between some of their systems. This is directly related to the problem with credits not being visible to CE.
We were also able to communicate to them the specific nature of the problem we have and they added those details to their ticketing system as well. This fix has been a looong time coming, with what was a couple years' worth of transition time and getting up to speed with running the platform, but it looks like they are in a good place now to make it happen. I'm hoping we'll have something to report this month.
(By the way, we did try an alternate approach on our end to work around it, but I think then ran into the above mentioned synchronization issue that we didn't know existed, so we've been pretty well stuck. Hopefully not much longer now, one way or another.)
We got an update from WCG that they have identified the relevant differences between their server deployment and that of the standard BOINC server and are working on implementing the solution now. It sounds like great progress has been made and it will not take long on our end once their end is ready.