System Tray Icon Missing

CW
Cameron Weier ID: 7534260 Posts: 2
19 Dec 2021 12:01 PM

Hi,

I have recently installed Charity Engine and all seems to be working as intended, however I am not seeing a system icon tray for the program. When closing the window the processes (BOINC Client, BOINC Wrapper, Charity Engine for Windows, and Charity Engine System Tray for Windows) continue running as expected, just with no icon. Attempting to re-open Charity Engine does nothing so the process needs to be killed from Task Manager and re-opened to show the interface again. Any advice would be appreciated!

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
21 Dec 2021 11:20 PM

Hi Cameron.  We'd just released a new version of the desktop software; seems the new installer is not setting up the system try icon correctly.  We're working on a revision that should address this.  Will post back here when a new installer is ready.  (In the meantime, everything should otherwise work ok, but let us know if not)

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
24 Dec 2021 12:06 AM

The revision has been made and a new installer is available. Using the "Add Computer" button on your account dashboard will give you the updated installer with the fix for the system tray icon issue. Prior to installing it, remove the existing Charity Engine app from your computer. All of your points and settings will still be there when you reinstall.

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
24 Dec 2021 12:22 AM

Cameron, can you let us know if this resolves your issue?

CW
Cameron Weier ID: 7534260 Posts: 2
24 Dec 2021 02:51 AM

Hi team,

I confirm the new install has resulted in the system tray icon appearing. Thanks for the speedy turnaround!