Jackpot ID: n/a

ae
ahmet erdem ID: 7110304 Posts: 2
28 Jul 2021 09:18 PM
I wish you a good day when I look at the account settings, my login number is missing Jackpot ID: n/a
Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
03 Aug 2021 04:56 PM

This ID number is assigned at the end of a jackpot period in which you have participated. Today is the end of the current period, so you should now see a Jackpot ID number assigned to your account. Soon we will move on to the drawing phase and you can look at your range of Entry Numbers. If the number that is drawn falls into your range, you win the prize. 

You can read more about "How the prize winner is chosen" on the main Volunteer page.

Thank you for joining!

M
MAKArte ID: 7152666 Posts: 3
04 Aug 2021 08:53 PM

Where can I find the number that came up?

How do you know when a prize is coming?

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
10 Aug 2021 02:51 PM

Hi MAKArte,

The gauge tells you when a prize is coming (like now, as it's on 100%). As for the numbers, this is the procedure:

How the prize winner is chosen

When Charity Engine announces a prize draw, the List of Entries is published and a date for the draw chosen in advance. 

The List of Entries shows each user's unique ID number and how many prize draw entries they have in total. Everyone can verify their own place on the list and the block of numbers assigned to their entries. Any mistakes must be reported within 48 hours, then the list is final.

The total number of entries is expected to be a 9 or 10 digit number, so we choose one randomly by combining the last digits of the following stock market closing prices on the pre-chosen date:

Tokyo (Nikkei 225), Hong Kong (Hang Seng), Mumbai (Sensex), Frankfurt (DAX), and finally New York (Dow Jones). Each is in a different time zone, so the winning number is revealed one digit at a time over the course of the day.

The prize winning number is chosen right-to-left, or 'smallest first'. If the last stock market chooses a number that is too high for the final digit, we cycle around the stock markets again until a valid number is chosen. Human hands are never involved.

Last digits of stock market closing prices are completely random and mathematically impossible to predict or tamper with in any way. That's why we use them for Charity Engine. 

Cheers,

Mark

e
entity ID: 7097150 Posts: 29
21 Jul 2022 03:30 PM

I never recieved a jackpot ID or a list of entries for the Apr 21,2022 - Jul 18, 2022 Jackpot. Why? Now my points have been reset to 0. There needs to be some sort of explanation as to why I had 3.180K points toward the jackpot and the next day I have 0. 

P
PrAeToRiAn ID: 8520492 Posts: 1
10 Mar 2024 09:31 AM

Hi.

I'd like to know why, after 2 months of continuous computing for charity engine, the page "Entry numbers" of my profile still shows no data. In this period of time there have been a prize draw completed and another one is approaching and I'm still with no data in that page...

Can you fix this?

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
26 Mar 2024 09:52 PM

Thanks for the posts, and apologies for the delay in reply. There does seem to be an issue with prize draw credits for some users who joined recently, and we're looking into it.  Will post back with results as soon as available.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
28 Mar 2024 10:53 PM

There was a disconnect with the stats on your account, but it should now be fixed. The points you've earned should show up as entry numbers for the current jackpot if you have another look. Thanks for your patience on this one.