Total points = 0

M
Marc ID: 3079 Posts: 5
14 May 2021 01:55 AM

I have points when I look at my details broken down by machine.

But I have 0 lifetime points, average points and total for this jackpot.

Why am I not earning points for the jackpot?

Andreas Andrews ID: 7097149 Posts: 3
14 May 2021 07:49 PM

*following* I'm also seeing 0 points, however I've read somewhere that it might take a few days to update in some cases (I believe) but I could be wrong. If I'm still on 0 points in the coming weeks and months I'll surely check back here and also update. I'm planning to install on multiple machines in the future too, so I will in the future have a similar use case to you.

e
entity ID: 7097150 Posts: 7
17 May 2021 01:59 PM

After 5 days, I still have 0 points and the points associated with each machine don't get updated everyday. I would think at least once a day would be appropriate. I also still only connected to one project (WCG). I'm beginning to think this project is a ghost project. I don't see any benefit to attaching here. There was some comment somewhere about things not being updated or attached to other projects right away because they wanted to see who would stay before attaching to the other projects but this lack of updates, or even a statement indicating why the updates are sporadic, is causing me to leave. All the effort that went into building a dashboard the shows zero for days on end seems like a waste. Nice concept but lack of execution will doom the project. I'm out...

Andreas Andrews ID: 7097149 Posts: 3
17 May 2021 02:29 PM

Can confirm I'm seeing points now in my dashboard in the cloud for my first machine it just took a few days or so, I'll be adding a second machine soon now I'm happy with how everything is working on the first one. I imagine all the points will also be added to the next draw.

M
18 May 2021 03:56 AM

My points are still missing.  As you can tell by my ID number, I have been around for a  long time.  Still 0 points.

AJ
Andrew Jolly ID: 7096912 Posts: 5
18 May 2021 02:59 PM

I have been doing this now for a couple of weeks, and I can see the tasks being run and completed but I too get no points.  If I don't get any soon I'll stop allowing my computer to be used!

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 316
19 May 2021 02:50 AM

We're looking into this issue, which might be a variety of issues:

• Points not being awarded by the Charity Engine project
  • Identifiers not merging between projects (causing cumulative point totals to be off)
  • WCG being the only project assigned (currently stats are not exported for WCG due to a GDPR compliance issue in the API that we're working with them to address)

If you see points being awarded in your desktop software, then we will find them. It can take a day or two, as research projects export stats on a daily basis, then we aggregate stats from all projects in another daily batch process. If identifiers are not merged, different projects effectively report a single account as being multiple accounts, so we have to find the hang up and fix it (merging normally occurs automatically) so that all of your points are recognized. 

The work you're doing isn't wasted, we just need to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience so far.

M
19 May 2021 03:37 AM

I greatly appreciate your help. If there is any more information from me that would help just ask.

I have Rosetta and WCG projects.

Thanks!

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 316
01 Jun 2021 05:50 AM

Marc, your account seemed to be affected by an cross project identifier (CPID) problem. This ID does not usually change, but it can change. Yours did, but your Charity Engine account did not catch on. I think this is fixed now, but please verify that it looks right.

Entity, your account has now been attached to a couple of additional projects. It was stuck on only WCG, but we're having some issues there...

Andrew, likewise you should have more projects now. You were seeing the same WCG issue.

For those with WCG, what are your thoughts about keeping the WCG contributions going for now? There's good work being done and it's a very popular project. But until a few updates are made to their API / server code, your points will quietly accumulate there and show up as zero here. They'll all come in as soon as the changes are made, but I can't say when that will be; all we can do is check in from time to time and wait for a developer over there to have a chance to get into it. We can disable it for now or let it ride.

e
01 Jun 2021 01:05 PM

I would disable it. Perhaps a considerable drop in completed work units would coax them into fixing the problem. Neglect has it's consequnces

AJ
Andrew Jolly ID: 7096912 Posts: 5
01 Jun 2021 01:51 PM

So I now have the ability to choose WCG which I have and up pop my points.  I still show no points for Charity Engine even though I have been with them for all the time.  So I'll switch to WCG and wait for CE to catch up sometime.  So my view is keep WCG as I am getting my points; but suspend CE as they are not awarding points!  Technology, eh!?

M
02 Jun 2021 12:00 AM

AWESOME!  Thanks Tristan!

I like WCG and  keep it going and wait for the API update.

Thanks again!

Graham Jenkins ID: 1626 Posts: 106
13 Jun 2021 01:59 AM

Tristan, can you please confirm that the WCG points we have accumulated during the last few months will all be credited when the update is applied.

e
13 Jun 2021 01:53 PM

I would stop the OPN sub-project. They are trying to trim the workload back to 500 batches per day. They have more than enough GPU capabilites to meet that goal and are asking for CPU folks to run other projects.