Jobs Not Progressing

Graham Jenkins ID: 1626 Posts: 160
05 Apr 2021 10:33 PM

For the last couple of days I've been seeing a World Community job "Waiting to Run" and three Rosetta jobs "Ready to Start".  There's no way I can account for this. My CPU usage is around 6%, I have almost 4 GB of memory free, and no swap usage.

Has anyone else seen this?

Graham Jenkins ID: 1626 Posts: 160
11 Apr 2021 08:18 AM

Problem seems to have resolved itself. I think it was caused by a clock change for DST ending in my city on April 4; Boinc couldn't quite decide what to do when the clock was turned backwards!

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
16 Apr 2021 04:09 PM

We haven't seen this on our end. DST shouldn't cause such an issue, as BOINC would rely on your system clock to determine processing schedules, etc., if you have compute preferences set based on time of day. Clock issues can also cause problems with encrypted communications, but that likewise would not seem to be related to what you experienced.

We'll keep an eye out for issues with computation suspending unexpectedly and hope any others who experience it will post if it is an ongoing problem. In any case, I'm glad to here your issue has corrected on its own, Graham!