How come Charity Engine uses so little of my CPU and Video card?

J
Jack ID: 6849997 Posts: 2
25 Oct 2020 12:10 PM

Hi All,

I have just installed Charity Engine. I set it to work and noticed that the % complete takes ages to go up. (It predicts that the work load will take around 13 hours. I checked all the settings and it's set to run basically ALL the time at up to 90% and even then it was still hardly moving.

Looking at my task manager I have almost no CPU usage and the GPU temp is idle temp so obviously that's not working either.

Am I doing something wrong? It definitely had a task as it downloaded he files and began counting up a tiny %.

Thanks!

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 384
26 Oct 2020 07:26 PM

There was a bit of a break-in period for new users to avoid sending users to research projects if the users weren't going to stick around. This seems to cause a lot of confusion, though, and understandably-so. I think we have a better way to accomplish the same thing, so your computer should now get some new work next time it checks in with Charity Engine.

(You can force this check by selecting Tools -> Synchronize with Charity Engine, if you're in the Advanced View).

Thanks for joining and I hope this makes more sense now! Definitely nothing wrong on your end.

J
Jack ID: 6849997 Posts: 2
26 Oct 2020 08:37 PM

Ah! That's done the trick. Thank you!