Client login issues

RW
Rebecca Warren ID: 3774 Posts: 3
22 May 2020 12:56 PM

Hi

I'm not able to reattach CE as an account manager and successfully log in.  I had been running it on the BOINC client, but removed CE as the account manager temporarily and when I tried to reattach via the Tools menu, I kept getting a bad username/password message.  Tried resetting my password but that didn't work (I can log in to the website fine).  Tried uninstalling the BOINC version of the client and installing the CE version but at the point where I have to log in I still get the same message.

I still seem to be receiving CE work units, so does it make any difference whether I'm successfully attached to the account manager or not?

Thanks

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 217
22 May 2020 07:01 PM

In "Tools", if you'r using a BOINC client, are you sure you're using "Attach to Account Manager" (and not "Attach to Project", which BOINC may offer as a default during install)?

-- Short term, there's little impact from becoming detached.  Long term, though, it will matter as you won't get appropriately assigned some kinds of new work; won't drop old work; etc.  

RW
23 May 2020 11:16 AM

Yes, definitely attaching to account manager.  When I installed the CE software, CE was already showing as account manager but whenever it tried to communicate with the server and it asked for username and password, it says it's a bad username or password.

I did see a similar problem elsewhere on the forum, but that seemed to be resolved with a password reset, which hasn't worked for me.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 254
26 May 2020 07:53 PM

I've been able to recreate this problem, Rebecca, so it should be fixed shortly (just need to get the details worked out). Thanks for your patience.

RW
27 May 2020 08:09 AM

Awesome, thanks Tristan!