New site

AR
Adam Radocz ID: 22746 Posts: 74
19 Apr 2020 08:26 AM

I really like the new site, and the gauge is finally working wich is a huge plus! :)

Few notices:

1. On the Charities menu, you mention the Einstein@home project, but we haven't seen the project for ages. I'm really sorry, because I like their project.
  2. On the https://www.charityengine.com/community/wiki/spreading-word page, Google+ is discontinued.
  3.  I have permission to edit the Wiki Pages, is that deliberate?

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
19 Apr 2020 04:18 PM

Thanks, Adam.

The update is still a work-in-progress -- notable improvements, particularly design-wise, should continue, particularly over the coming week.

1) The list of projects in the "Charities" page is gigantically out of date; the material was just imported with much of the other web content.  It'll be updated this week.  We actually contribute to quite a large number of BOINC projects (> 6 billion BOINC credits and counting).  A more complete list was posted to the forum a while back:  Projects that earn points with Charity Engine.  

-- A couple further points on that: {a} Please note that each individual user does not get all these projects.  It's much better for projects if workunits don't get spread over too many devices.  This shortens completion time and reduces server load for them.  So each device will get a semi-random selection of projects on that list: one or two.  (I say "semi-random", as sometimes host specs play a role in project assignment.). Also, {b} Project assignements (and the overall list) do change from time to time.  

2) Thanks for the comment (*see below)

3) Yes, the wiki is a community document -- So it is very much our hope that you'll contribute. (*Though not all functionality is available at the moment: this will change in the coming week.  Also, FYI, pages have a revision history, so everyone can see who made what changes; and admins can roll back inappropriate content. -- This follows the wikipedia model.)

AR
19 Apr 2020 06:18 PM

Thanks Matt,

2 more things: 

1. The forum is not responsive on mobile so it looks weird.
  2. As a logged in user I'd appreciate If I hadn't have to click on the Learn more button every time when I want to check my stats and the forum.
19 Apr 2020 06:23 PM

1: there's quite a lot of work to be done re: responsive designs.  give us a week or so on that.

2: good point.  (meanwhile, you can bookmark https://www.charityengine.com/dashboard instead of just https://www.charityengine.com)

DocH ID: 526372 Posts: 77
14 May 2020 07:44 PM

Hi Guys,

The new site looks clean and nice.  And the response time is much quicker .

Regards,

Doc

27 May 2020 07:52 PM

Btw,

Adam, re your suggestion, "As a logged in user I'd appreciate If I hadn't have to click on the Learn more button every time when I want to check my stats and the forum" -- this was implimented a while back (I forgot to post back here); let me know if it's meeting your needs.

Work continues on misc layout issues, including responsive designs for mobile.

Doc, Thanks for the feedback -- happy computing :) 

AR
28 May 2020 06:13 AM

Yes, I noticed it. Works well, thanks.

28 May 2020 03:47 PM

Great; thanks for the feedback --