Post approval?

T
TYPO ID: 6569259 Posts: 10
09 Jan 2020 03:36 PM

I tried posting a question in the Help Discussions forum a few minutes ago, but nothing happened. To be specific:

• I clicked on "Create Topic" and landed on the Create Topic page.
  • I filled in a Title and then wrote my question in the body.
  • I tried to attach a screenshot for clarification with the "Insert/Edit Image" button, but nothing happened (no image appeared in the body); no big deal, I can ask the question without the image.
  • I clicked the "Post" button and the screen cleared as though I had just clicked "Create Topic."
  • Back in the forum, my topic had not been added to the list.

Is this normal behavior? Do new posts (or posts from new users) have to go through some sort of approval process? What is the expected effect of a topic being successfully submitted?

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
10 Jan 2020 03:12 AM

Hi.  No, there's no advance moderation: when you post, it's live.  Not sure what might have happend, but I see you having posted this message three times:

• This post; also:
  • http://www.charityengine.com/forum/show-topic/1606
  • http://www.charityengine.com/forum/show-topic/1607

-- Though none have an image, which is curious.  I wonder: [1] what web browser are you using (app + version); and [2] do you have another browser on your computer which you could use to post a reply which includes a photo? 

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
10 Jan 2020 05:05 AM

I can confirm the problem with adding an image. We'll look into the cause of it!

As for your post in the Help Discussions forum, I see that it did work. Maybe it was just slow, got hung up for a minute?

T
TYPO ID: 6569259 Posts: 10
10 Jan 2020 04:22 PM

Yes, Tristan, a temporary hang up seems to be the case; also, the cause of multiple postings of the original message in this thread. My apologies for the clutter. If necessary, the duplicates can be removed from the forum. I'm just new and didn't know how things worked. Thanks for the reply!

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
13 Jan 2020 10:16 PM

Don't worry about the duplicate posts, I can clean those out, no problem. Your reports of trouble have led to the identification of a couple of things to fix, so they're much appreciated!