Action needed for this notice?

DocH ID: 526372 Posts: 77
20 Oct 2016 04:55 PM

Hi,

I am seeing the following notice...But when I attempt to do as it says, no luck.

Any info would be Great!

Thanks,

Ed

Fight Neglected Diseases: Notice from BOINC
This project is using an old URL. When convenient, remove the project, then add https://compute.gridrepublic.org/
10/20/2016 12:51:07 PM

20 Oct 2016 05:24 PM

And more strangeness!!

Not sure why it shows 100 Failed Tasks and only 9 Completed Task  under the Properties selection of the Project Fight Neglected Diseases.

It IS Great to have more medical work!

Thanks Guys!!

Ed

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 380
20 Oct 2016 07:05 PM

Thanks for the info, Ed -- that notice should be gone next time your client synchronizes with Charity Engine. 

The "Fight Neglected Diseases" project is just going through some beta testing (and thank you for opting in for that!), so we are working out the details on that one still. Nothing to worry about.

Rytis Slatkevičius ID: 195 Posts: 56
21 Oct 2016 07:40 AM

I also uploaded a new application version, so when you have a chance, please have a look if tasks are still failing.

21 Oct 2016 10:25 PM

Thanks for the fast replies Guys!

Things are looking Great now!!

The CPU's are getting some work now!!

Ed

PS: Glad to do The Beta WU's...

I think CE is Great in that it is So "flexible"...A perosn can set and forget OR tinker as much as wanted RE resource usage etc!!

Nice Work Gents!!!

24 Oct 2016 04:39 AM

I AM curious as to why My desktop seems to be the only PC getting WU's from Fight Neglected Diseases.

My Quad Core AMD Laptop has nothing but the standard CE WU that seems to idle along.

The Desktop is running the BOINC project manager, while the laptop is running the CE project manager (I THINK I am describing that correctly).

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 380
24 Oct 2016 04:53 AM

Could be the laptop hardware or other considerations make it not fit the profile for the app currently being tested. Requirements will certainly loosen as it gets ready for a wider release.

27 Oct 2016 03:52 AM

Thanks Tristan for the info!

I Really like this CE concept and the in-depth info You and the others provide...I realize CE is geared more to the "install and forget it" group of users, but I really do enjoy learning the nuts and bolts aspect of it.

BTW, Fight neglected diseases seems to be running right along now with no worries that I can see!

I really like the concept/subject that it's doing!