Latest CE software

DocH ID: 526372 Posts: 77
15 May 2015 08:22 PM

HI Guys!

I may be repeating myselof, but what is the latest version of the CE Software and is there any chance of a 64 bit version coming out?

Hopefully when there is an update to the CE software, notice would be posted here?

Thanks Much All,

Ed

PS: I may be overly compulsive RE: Updates etc when it comes to computers etc!

Thx for bearing with Me!!

Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
15 May 2015 10:52 PM

Hi Ed.  Nice to hear from you.  Yes, indeed, you might be repeating yourself :) -- we discussed this in December.  Maybe take a look at my last comment to you at the end of the thread titled 64bit Charity Engine; let me know if this addresses your question.  (*copied here for convenience)

Hi Ed -- just a clarification -- 

There are multiple layers to the system: {1} the "Charity Engine App" to which you refer is primarily a UI and a manager; {2} each science project or CE customer then has a separate application that "lives inside" Charity Engine, and it is these applications which do the processing.

So the "Charity Engine App" is available only in 32bit.  But this has no consequence on computing power.  What matters is whether the separate customer/research apps are 32 or 64bit.  And in this context we often have both 32 and 64 bit versions; and the system automatically sends the optimal version for your device.

DocH ID: 526372 Posts: 77
19 May 2015 02:51 AM

Thanks Matt!

For some reason I can not find anywhere in Our discussion anything RE keeping the

Wow...it IS rough getting Old!!

Thanks for gently "pointing Me " back to that...I had indeed forgotten that bit...

However when it does come to keeping the "Charity Engine App"up to date, I assume there will be a reminder/notice etc to update the "Charity Engine App"?

Thanks Again for the excellent info and explainations Matt!

Ed