Points not updating correctly?

Marcel Aubron-Bülles ID: 16156 Posts: 17
28 Apr 2015 01:55 PM

Hi there,

I have a 1,50Ghz Acer laptop which should do okay and a pretty slow old Samsung netbook - the netbook is on pretty often with CE, with my laptop I let it run occasionally.

Now, if I look at my stats it seems that the short periods of computing with my Laptop get counted - but not the netbook one. I checked yesterday to make sure the netbook finished a PrimeGrid task but it hasn't registered.

It's not that I am hot for points but this is the only kind of comparison I have to make sure that I actually get work done for CE.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Best wishes,

Marcel

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
28 Apr 2015 04:29 PM

If you open up the desktop software and look at the Projects tab (using the Advanced view -- see View menu if you need to switch from Simple view), can you report what the Resource share and Status are for your projects? It might be useful to do this on both laptops, as they may be different.

You may have a "No new work" flag stuck on the netbook, but it would be good to confirm before we try to do anything about it.

29 Apr 2015 04:16 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, Tristan, appreciated!

Well, on both computer things are "active", i.e. computing is being done. And there has been an update -probably the PrimeGrid calc mentioned above- in my points so what I am afraid of is that both of my computers who aren't really fast and not running CE 24/7 cannot compute the tasks at hand anymore; they get broken off so the computing time is lost.

With the netbook it's PrimeGrid, with the laptop it's CE or Rosetta@Home.

05 May 2015 05:44 PM

I've now started to restrict CE to do only the smaller tasks (<10hrs) instead of the 72+ hrs ones. Things seem to be improving althought I'm pretty sure it hasn't to do with me ;)