major computer crashes

ap
andy pattinson ID: 94 Posts: 5
24 Mar 2014 08:16 AM

Hi I run CE on a small acer with XP. 24/7  It used to work fine however it seems that the computer is continually crashing within the last month.

It works ok for a few days and then the computer screen goes black , there is a reboot or CE stops running. Any solutions to this? I have had to shut it down because of this. Cheers.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
24 Mar 2014 01:19 PM

If you think CE might be the cause of this, I'd say exit out of it and don't run it for a week or so. Use the computer normally otherwise. This should tell us if it is CE causing the crashes or not.

ap
24 Mar 2014 10:48 PM

I see that microsoft are stopping support of XP on 8 April. Can I run CE via Linux as I will probably switch over..

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
24 Mar 2014 11:39 PM

Sure, see this article for starters: Welcome Linux Users!

ap
25 Mar 2014 09:08 AM

Thanks will do this !

CT
Chris Taylor ID: 26404 Posts: 1
14 Jun 2014 03:57 PM

Hi Tristan,

First a big congratulations on getting Charity Engine up and running. There  aren’t many of us who get a chance to make a huge difference in this world, but hat’s off to anyone who does.

I’ve just started a project which I hope will raise more funds than you guys could potentially raise, but I really need help, and am hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Watch the presentation I’ve made, and give me your feedback.

Chris

ta7king@gmail.com