Entering registration information

m
markevans ID: 21834 Posts: 1
23 Feb 2014 03:31 AM

I have used BOINC to attach to Charity Engine as project manager. I have not seen any place on site to enter my information other than a user name and there is no charityengine notice in my boinc notifications. Am I eligible for the prize drawing or should I have been directed to a page to enter more complete information? 

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
23 Feb 2014 04:28 AM

All looks good as it is. You confirmed your email address and have a host connected and earning points. So long as it's legal for your to win a prize where you live (which usually means you're 18+), you're set.

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
25 Feb 2014 11:41 PM

Hi Mark,

The legal status of CE is best summarised as "anyone can donate computing, but not everyone can participate in the prize draws."

There are certain locations with unusual rules and laws, some of which would make a user's participation in the prize draws potentially not allowed. 

In such locations, the user cannot win a prize and is simply donating computing power - which is universally permitted, to the best of our knowledge.

We also confirm that every prize draw winner is legally eligible - and hasn't cheated - before paying them. 

Hope that helps!