Error trying to run Charity Engine, then an error when trying to reinstall

MC
Morris Cox ID: 864 Posts: 5
16 Jan 2014 02:17 AM

CE was running fine, then I tried running it yesterday and got the error message: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

So I tried first the repair option (by running the install file). I got the message that it has successfully installed, then it states: A BOINC component didn't get updated properly. Please run the repair tool from the "Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs" tool ("Control Panel - Program Features" tool on newer version of Windows).

I went to Program Features and discovered there was no repair tool, just the option to uninstall. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same situation. So I installed BOINC and that ran fine. Closed BOINC and reinstalled CE, and got the "A BOINC component didn't get updated properly. Please run the repair tool.." message again. Trying to run CE again gets me the error message: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Rytis Slatkevičius ID: 195 Posts: 56
16 Jan 2014 11:17 AM

Hello Morris,

first, I want to clarify which host is your problem happening on. Is it your Windows 7 64bit computer?

MC
16 Jan 2014 08:21 PM

Yes.

17 Jan 2014 08:59 AM

This error usually indicates that Windows has mismatched 32bit and 64bit files.

There are two packages from Microsoft that you may have to install:

I think installing the first one will fix your issue, but if not, you may have to also install the second one. When done, you should be able to reinstall CE.

MC
17 Jan 2014 07:24 PM

I got this on every attempt: "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

MC
23 Jan 2014 07:46 PM

I tried to launch CE today and it fired up fine.

24 Jan 2014 07:34 AM

Great to know! It probably was a fluke with Windows, but it is not clear what actually caused the issue, so please let us know if the problem repeats.

MC
31 Jan 2014 02:26 AM
Turns that if I close CE and then try to start it again, I get the error I mentioned. I have to reboot in order to launch CE again.