Unable to log in to BOINC Manager on Debian 7

JS
J Sison ID: 3728 Posts: 2
23 Aug 2013 03:15 PM

Hi. Some months back, I ran Charity Engine (CE) on an HP laptop with Windows 7. It worked fine.

Then, I wiped that laptop and installed Debian 7. I installed boinc-client and boinc-manager using the Synaptic Package Manager. I added www.charityengine.com as an account manager. However, after I input my email and password, I get:

"Login Failed. Check the username and password, and try again."

I tried logging in with my name and password, but I got the same message.

I verified that the email address and password I am using are working, because I'm able to log in to the CE website with them. So I'm not quite sure what to do at the moment.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
23 Aug 2013 05:38 PM

Strange... could you try changing your password on your account and see if anything changes? The same email address and password that you use to log in to the site here should work in the BOINC client as well.

JS
J Sison ID: 3728 Posts: 2
25 Aug 2013 03:37 AM

It worked. Thank you very much for your help.

For the details ... I changed the password on the Charity Engine (CE) site. I logged out. I logged back in to verify that the new password worked with the website.

Then, I went back into the BOINC Manager on Debian and added CE as an account manager. I logged in with my email address and the new password, and this time, I was able to log in successfully.

I checked the website, under the list of my computers, and the Debian system appears.

Again, thank you for your help.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
25 Aug 2013 11:46 AM

Great news, enjoy your new OS!