Where did my projects go?

MR
Matthew Rongey ID: 7556 Posts: 9
30 Jul 2013 03:44 PM

I looked at my BOINC client on both my computers this morning and the only projects in the list are Charity Engine and malariacontrol.net. What happened to the others? Is this something wide-spread, or just an issue I am having?

J
Jo1252 ID: 1311 Posts: 81
30 Jul 2013 10:03 PM

I am in your case, they must have decided to not allow us to work for other projects than those two.

They might come back later on, usually they pull projects off when users are having issues, although no one complained here.

Climateprediction was only temporary, it was said before, it was for something about the stats, I don't really remember.

If you have a look on this page (http://www.charityengine.com/charities/research), it clearly states rosetta@home, einstein@home and malaria control, but now we only have malariacontrol left.

And I don't receive work from charityengine...

Maybe someone from the project could give us more informations.

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
30 Jul 2013 11:32 PM

Hi Matthew, Jo,

It's all normal, nothing to worry about. Projects will change quite often.

You should be receiving work though - is that still an issue, Jo? 

J
30 Jul 2013 11:54 PM

I'm sorry, I meant I am not receiving work from the charityengine project, which is sad.

I am however getting work from malariacontrol.

I hope it's clearer than what I wrote earlier.

MR
Matthew Rongey ID: 7556 Posts: 9
31 Jul 2013 03:17 AM

Ok, cool. It is unfortunate though - most of my points were coming from the GPU Einstein tasks.

J
31 Jul 2013 03:28 AM

Maybe there will be charityengine GPU tasks to feed our GPUs.

Any idea if / when einstein@home will be back ?

Edit:

By the way, the next time you will detach us from projects, please advise before!!!!!!!

I just noticed I lost for 2 days of computing. I was working offline and boinc was running, when I put my computer on the internet so it can upload, it didn't upload results, it simply detached from the project, deleting all the completed tasks...

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
31 Jul 2013 05:30 AM

There will indeed be Charity Engine GPU tasks - watch this space!

The projects like Einstein and malaria only receive our spare capacity. If we have customer work, they are turned off (or minimised).

Projects will attach and detach from time to time, that's normal. We can't advise every time it happens, as it would mean way too many emails. Sometimes we don't even know ourselves what the grid will be doing the next day.

Also - there is no way to advise you if you're offline... ;)