"Total Points" do not update

Dennis Nawrot ID: 6360 Posts: 32
06 May 2013 07:02 AM

Hi all,

I've joined CE last thursday and added two Ubuntu computer. BOINC was already installed.

After the first 24 hours my "Total Points" were 182 - and stayed 182 until today, although my machines have worked all the time, as you may notice

(http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/2661824/projectList)

My CE profile also tells me that CE is communicating with my clients - but still no update of my TP.

Whats going on?

Edit:

I also noticed that my computers have still question marks in my accounts list, although they are regulary communicating with CE since four days.

06 May 2013 09:45 AM

Erm..fixed!

Thank you?

Maybe i've just needed some patience. Everything as it should now.

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
06 May 2013 01:39 PM

Hi Dennis,

It takes a few days for points to start for new accounts and there is a delay for all credits being granted as the approval has to work its way through project and Charity Engine servers separatly.  

See FAQ: http://www.charityengine.com/community/wiki/where-are-my-credits

Thank your for participating in Charity Engine!

31 May 2013 06:40 AM

It looks like the CE-Server does something like a weekly push/poll with the project servers, although this week nothing happened so far.

My question is, why does the progress bar (hey, i like progress bars) actualize more often than the Total Results? Is it in any way related to the total results (of all users), or does it work with another set of data?

Will the Results of all users be actualized when the Progress Bar has reached 100% before this "List of Entries" is been made? In my case this could be a difference of X0000 points.

03 Jun 2013 04:15 PM

Hi Dennis,

Our stats should be updating nightly.  Sometimes at times recently these have been delayed a few hours due to server load as we are adding new accounts rapidly.

I will have to check on the progress bar underlying mechanism.  I believe it is based on work units related to the contracted project in progress.

No points are ever lost, but there are times where users may have results pending, but not yet awarded by the cut off time.  These points are validated the points are awarded and are entered into the next jackpot drawing for that user.  The return/validation timeframe depends on what work unit, which validation method the project selects.

03 Jun 2013 08:42 PM

Thank you Jonathan, for your explainations.

07 Jun 2013 06:52 PM

I have some responses from our team:

The progress bar is actualized by date and not by progress of tasks at this time, but will likely change in the future to better reflect progress of the tasks keeping Charity Engine running.  

This is why you will see different rates of updates.