Selecting a Charity

EB
Elysia Brenner ID: 5767 Posts: 3
26 Apr 2013 08:28 AM

Is it not yet possible to select a particular charity to support? Because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to do it...

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
26 Apr 2013 03:04 PM

Hi Elysia,

The supported charities are fixed for the moment, contributions are shared equally between them.

We will include the ability to add your own charity in the future. We would love to offer this already, but our ethical policy would require us to carefully check every user-chosen charity is genuine - which we couldn't possibly do just yet.

Cheers,

Mark

EB
26 Apr 2013 03:15 PM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick response! I understand it would be impossible to vet each charity a user wanted to add, but it would nice if I could choose WHICH of the supported charities (or even more than one) I specifically fund with my activities. Right now it happens that I believe in the work of all of the groups you have so far added; however, it might be the case down the road that you add a charity whose mission I do not support...at which point, depending on the strength of my feelings, I might feel compelled to stop using Charity Engine. An extreme point, I know, but one I hope can be addressed in the future!

EB
26 Apr 2013 03:17 PM

(Among your current list, there are definitely charities I feel more strongly about supporting, and others about whom my feelings are...iffy.)

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
26 Apr 2013 04:12 PM

Well, they all do fantastic work - although we understand everyone will have their favourites (as do we). Your point is well-taken though, and we will indeed address it in future. Especially when the list of charities expands. Thanks for the feedback!