Is there a limit to number of Projects?

f
fatboy ID: 3792 Posts: 15
08 Jan 2013 10:41 PM

Hi.  Is there a limit to number of projects you can run.  Currenty have malariacontrol.net & Einstein@home running on charityengine.  Tried to add climatepredition.net & prariethingy; in the messages ages ago they sent sending a config files for each one, but no evidence of either of them in charity engine desktop.  Its a bit irritating.  Tried Advanced - Attach a project and adding the project using the wizard.  What gives?  lol 

NG
Nicholas Goss ID: 57 Posts: 41
09 Jan 2013 06:05 AM

Currently CharityEngine only uses Malariacontrol.net and Einstein@home. It was using Rosetta@home, but decided to drop it after several people experianced crashes with it, the project was dropped. Hopefully this explains what you were asking.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
09 Jan 2013 03:33 PM

If you are a BOINC user, you may be able to attach other projects using your BOINC account. However, Charity Engine manages which projects your Charity Engine account will run, and as Nicholas says, it is currently einstein@home and malariacontrol.net only.

These controls are necessary for the operating model of Charity Engine to work and generate revenue for charities and prize draws, which is why users don't have the ability to add or remove projects on their own as you would see with an account manager like GridRepublic. 

f
fatboy ID: 3792 Posts: 15
13 Jan 2013 06:13 AM

Thanks :o) I thought I was being a bit dim.  :o) I presume when they expand the projects they'll just announce it and we can choose to pitch in too.  :O) 

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
13 Jan 2013 10:58 PM

There's no need for you to do anything at that point. When a new project is added, it will automatically be pulled into your configuration the next time your client checks in with Charity Engine for new work (which is about every hour, when it's running). 

All you really need to do for Charity Engine is let it run and check your numbers when it's time for a prize drawing!