Good support

JW
Jonathan Waldner ID: 2206 Posts: 11
03 Oct 2012 02:38 AM

Every time I read posts and notice the prompt, courteous, and professional support from the Charity Engine team, I can't help but be impressed.  It is much like the Linux Mint team actually. :-) Keep it up guys.

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
03 Oct 2012 02:43 AM

Thanks Jonathan! We'd be even quicker, but some tech questions at night-time must wait for the tech guys in the US. 

Yes, it's even more night-time in the UK, but that's CEO hours for you... ;)

JW
Jonathan Waldner ID: 2206 Posts: 11
03 Oct 2012 02:48 AM

Early to bed, early to rise...  Or don't you want to be healthy, wealthy and wise? lol

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
03 Oct 2012 02:52 AM

Far too late for any of that, I think... ;)

KP
Kevin Peterson ID: 205 Posts: 4
15 Oct 2012 06:24 PM

I changed my email address and try to connect to boinc with the new email login but it fails thus reporting tasks as usual but Charityengine web doesn't see the statistics from the computers anylonger..

How to do?

Kind regards Kevin Peterson

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
01 Nov 2012 05:27 AM

Hi Kevin,  Sorry we missed your post.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Did you make the changes of the email address on the Charity Engine site?  Does http://www.charityengine.com/account/email show the email you changed to?  If you are logged in this is the email associated with your account and should be used to attach to the BOINC software.

When you attached to the BOINC software you need to make sure you selected attach to account manager not attach to project as the latter will not work.

Let me know if this helps.

KP
01 Nov 2012 09:30 AM

Hi

Yes it's the mail i changed to at your included link.

But if i try to attach to "account manager" at charityengine in boinc it refuses and says Login failed. "Check the username and password, and try again."

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
11 Nov 2012 08:54 PM

Kevin,

Try logging out of CharityEngine.com and seeing if you can use your email and password to log back in.  This is the same email and password you use to login when attaching as an account manager.  Don't copy and past, but type it in to both locations.

If you cannot login to either place reset the password for CharityEngine.com and your attachment as a project manager to http://www.charityengine.com in your client should work ensuring that you are using the email and password exactly as the one you use for charityengine.com.

KP
11 Nov 2012 10:15 PM

Hi!

This time it actually "did" work, even though i've done the same before!

Well thank you for your support. Atlast i can monitor my systems on Charityengine :)