Something... weird?

PS
Paula Sandusky ID: 1809 Posts: 4
14 Jul 2012 05:41 AM

Not sure if this is because of some changes to fix the stat display issues some people are having, but I'm reporting because someone might be able to use this information... (?)

All counts on the homepage for my account are now set to zero, although I've been doing units since April or so. CE has disappeared from the project list in BOINC, although Malaria Control and Einstein are still there. My account on the webpage still logs in.

DD
Derek Day ID: 2228 Posts: 7
14 Jul 2012 09:01 AM

Same here.

SH
Stephen Haigh ID: 2654 Posts: 4
14 Jul 2012 12:26 PM

Me too

Ash Wright ID: 2301 Posts: 5
14 Jul 2012 03:28 PM

Yeah, it looks like Charity Engine is having some serious database issues...  Hopefully there'll be some progress made in fixing it when it's not the weekend :)

The disappearence of CE work units in BOINC may be due to the action taken regarding the reported 'intrusion attemtps' in a lot of desktop security software on users' machines: http://www.charityengine.com/forum/show-topic/1057

I may just be imagining it, but it also looks like a lot of forum posts have disappeared; can someone from CE confirm?

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
14 Jul 2012 03:43 PM

We just underwent a major hardware upgrade for stats in order to resolve the issues many were experiencing with their points not being updated on the account page. After one final DNS change is in place, stats should be back in working order.

You're right about the CE work units, Ash. Those tasks have been temporarily suspended. Although not a security vulnerability, it does come across as alarming and that is not something we're going to expect users to accept.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient as we're working through some of these issues.

Ash Wright ID: 2301 Posts: 5
14 Jul 2012 03:48 PM

Thanks Tristan, much appreciated.

SH
Stephen Haigh ID: 2654 Posts: 4
14 Jul 2012 10:00 PM

thanx for the update

15 Jul 2012 01:06 AM

Points and charts should be functioning again on your account pages. Please post if anything still doesn't look right.

WILLIAM MASONER ID: 778 Posts: 3
15 Jul 2012 02:11 PM

Everything appears to be working (charts too finally!) except that my points balance dropped ~100,000 after the update.  Don't know if it's now right or wrong, just that it is a significant difference.

The "Total Points - Since Joining"  appears to be correct.  The issue appears to only affect the "Total Points - This Jackpot"

15 Jul 2012 07:32 PM

William, I wonder if the points balance you were seeing before was stuck on the previous jackpot period...? If you look at how many points you had in the last jackpot period, is it about 100,000 more than what you have now? Seems at a glance that those numbers might add up.

WILLIAM MASONER ID: 778 Posts: 3
16 Jul 2012 02:29 AM

No, the numbers don't work out that way either.  I think it was being mis-reported before the update.  At the very least, the current number jives with the amount that I've been accruing in the past and given that the period between jackpots is consistent then total for this pull is on track to be similar to last time as i would expect.  Not a big deal - it's all for good causes.