Accounts on the various project pages

Julia Hayward ID: 1484 Posts: 12
30 May 2012 09:57 AM

I can see that CharityEngine has created an account for me at the various @home project pages... I think I'm ce4349? Anyway, presumably we could log in to each one update our own profiles and take part in discussions with the right password, but presumably CharityEngine needs to control those passwords?

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
30 May 2012 02:18 PM

Hellow Julia,

You are correct that Charity Engine does control the passwords and access to the Charity Engine generated accounts on the various @home projects.  This blocking of access is to prevent manipulation and gaming of the drawing credit earnings.  

While we understand blocking access also prevents users from participating in the @home discussions on their pages at this time it was a necessary trade off to get everything working.  We are under constant development and have many more enhancements and features to complete and delploy.  Right now we do not have a way to let Charity Engine users join in the discussions, but this is something we have discussed how to best enable.

Thank you for expressing your interest in this feature.  I will make sure to note the interest to the devleopment team.

i
idahofisherman ID: 981 Posts: 5
16 Jun 2012 01:41 AM
Matt ID: 44 Posts: 293
12 Jul 2012 04:42 PM

Also, the model of Charity Engine is slightly different than general Volunteer Computing.  So for instance, CE may add or remove computers from public research projects as we balance the commercial work which funds the prize pool and the donations to our Charity partners.