BOINC credits and stats export?

r
reklov ID: 2850 Posts: 1
27 May 2012 08:44 PM

Can the Boinc credits awarded by the reseach projects forwarded to the users of CharityEngine as Boinc credits for CE?

Please export stats, if possible with reseach projects sub-stats like it is done for sub-projects at www.PrimeGrid.com.

Will permision be given for project independent stat sites like boincstats.com?

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
29 May 2012 02:01 AM

@reklov I think I answered the questions posed if I understood them correctly.

Can the Boinc credits awarded by the reseach projects forwarded to the users of CharityEngine as Boinc credits for CE?

The only credits that can count for Charity Engine are credits earned via Charity Engine and the auto attached research projects.  The reason for this is to prevent manipulation of earning credits and drawing entries.  The drawing entries are based on the credtis earned at each of these projects.  

The BOINC projects used for Charity Engine have accounts that are auto generated and perform like a new user accounts and allow us to set resource share.  Previous BOINC users should read the wiki on the topic.

Will permision be given for project independent stat sites like boincstats.com? 

The Charity Engine project specific credits will be exported like other BOINC projects, this feature is in progress.  Other 3rd party stats sites would be able to import the stats in the future as we continue our build out.