If you're stuck with something...

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
23 May 2012 01:53 AM

Check out the FAQ in the Wiki section first. If your problem isn't covered there, then post it here.

Mike Rechtman ID: 2829 Posts: 2
12 Jun 2012 07:46 AM

Somehow -- I don't know what I did -- I have a non-existant computer listed on my charityengine page.

How do I remove a listed computer?

TIA

mike@rechtman.com

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
13 Jun 2012 12:44 PM

Hi Mike,

Can you send us the: computer name that is non-existant via the contact us form for help and I will be happy to help resolve this for you.

Also can you clarify for me in the contact us for what you mean by non-existant is it (a computer you once attached then removed, never attached, renamed, etc)

The help contact form can be found at: http://www.charityengine.com/help

Thank you.

A
Apastron ID: 2830 Posts: 5
16 Jun 2012 10:41 PM

Can't seem to open a new thread, so I'll ask the question here.

As we're contributing our computer through the CE, are we eligible for receiving things such as the certificates for finding a pulsar that the Einstein project credit to the participants, or do we have to be signed up with them specifically?

16 Jun 2012 11:39 PM

I see no reason why you or other participants should not be eligible to recieve the certificate from finding a Pulsar or other recognition from projects.  Your computer is doing the work and the accounts we create are unique to you so it is possible.  

I will double check with the Charity Engine team on this, but I feel participants should be able to recieve rewards and recognition from projects that users participate and wish to give users.

26 Jun 2012 06:47 PM

Confirmed: We will make sure you will be able to be notified if your computer earns a reward from a project supported by Charity Engine such as the Einstein@home pulsar discovery certificates.

v
vm1990 ID: 2547 Posts: 16
29 Jun 2012 12:19 PM

This is getting strangely funny with the Prize. am i one of the only people here who dosnt work for a gaming company???

3rd time liucky and fingures crossed someone gets it soon :D

v
vm1990 ID: 2547 Posts: 16
29 Jun 2012 12:21 PM

oh also please creat some more threds such as "General" and "Prize Talk" somewhere a few of us can post not very helpful stuff but stuff its nice to know

Mark McA ID: 179 Posts: 224
29 Jun 2012 02:35 PM

iIt's the 3rd prize draw, not the 3rd attempt! Would have been funny if two game companies were picked. Was just the one.

The winner is definite this time, he's commented on our FB page before and we know he's eligible to wn.

You can start your own threads, by the way. This is your part of Charity Engine - create any subject you like! 

29 Jun 2012 03:08 PM

Users should be able post new threads... possibly a regression in the settings or a bug.  We will correct this.  

The function was there before... and will be back soon.  I'm escalating this to our development team now.

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
29 Jun 2012 06:35 PM

If you weren't seeing the "Create Topic" button on the General Discussions and Help Discussions pages, it should now be available!