Outstanding WCG Credits

Graham Jenkins ID: 1626 Posts: 160
15 Jan 2023 08:27 PM

Another year has passed, and there's still no sign of these being recovered and credited. Is this issue ever going to be resolved??

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 383
17 Jan 2023 08:45 PM

We talked with WCG and they are actively working on an issue this week that has kept user settings from synchronizing between some of their systems. This is directly related to the problem with credits not being visible to CE. 

We were also able to communicate to them the specific nature of the problem we have and they added those details to their ticketing system as well. This fix has been a looong time coming, with what was a couple years' worth of transition time and getting up to speed with running the platform, but it looks like they are in a good place now to make it happen. I'm hoping we'll have something to report this month.

(By the way, we did try an alternate approach on our end to work around it, but I think then ran into the above mentioned synchronization issue that we didn't know existed, so we've been pretty well stuck. Hopefully not much longer now, one way or another.)

04 Feb 2023 02:55 PM

We got an update from WCG that they have identified the relevant differences between their server deployment and that of the standard BOINC server and are working on implementing the solution now. It sounds like great progress has been made and it will not take long on our end once their end is ready.

DR
Dave Robinson ID: 3832 Posts: 7
22 Mar 2023 06:25 PM

WCG has been a bit of a basket case since moving to Krembil, who are providing the name but no money. It's been down now for 3 weeks, which is why I've moved over to Charity Engine, probably for ever. That's despite being an active member of WCG since 2009.

26 Apr 2023 09:38 PM

Hey Tristan, it's been almost four months since you last mentioned this issue. Where are we now?

06 Jun 2023 10:38 PM

And another month has passed without resolution. We've also been waiting more than a month for drawing of the $1000 jackpot to complete.

Is anybody actually there?

28 Nov 2023 06:59 AM

2023 is almost over, and we're still awaiting resolution of the outstanding WCG credits issue ..

01 Dec 2023 05:41 PM

Sorry, Graham. We request an update from time to time, but are still waiting for what seemed (at the time) to be the imminent solution. I expect it is as Dave said above that there is no funding for the project, so it's easy for this change to be perpetually "on deck".

It continues to be a simple update on our end once the API change is made to allow it. And for what it's worth, those WCG credits continue to quietly accrue on their systems, like captives longing for the day when they are released in full compliance with GDPR process.

B
Beatriceu ID: 8528995 Posts: 1
12 Feb 2024 01:53 AM

Since switching to Krembil, who is just supplying the brand name and no financial backing, WCG has been in a bit of a bind. I've switched to Charity Engine, likely for the rest of time, because space bar clicker has been offline for three weeks. It's worth noting that I have been actively involved with WCG since 2009.

26 Mar 2024 10:17 PM

Can we get a status update on WCG credits please ..

28 Mar 2024 11:01 PM

A bit of progress was made. I got an update in the latter part of February that the GDPR consent feature had been implemented in the API, but that there was an error preventing it from working properly, so any account change in that regard was just being dropped. There seemed to be a good amount of momentum for a couple of weeks (though now it is quiet again).