Being able to log in to our accounts?

MR
Matthew Rongey ID: 7556 Posts: 9
02 Jul 2013 03:50 PM

Any word on when we might be able to log in to our individual accounts on the different projects? Einstein@Home contacts you and sends out certificates if your account discovers a pulsar, and it would be a shame to miss out on that.

J
Jo1252 ID: 1311 Posts: 81
08 Jul 2013 03:04 AM

I think this is not a possibility at the moment, I have already asked about it but got as an answer it was impossible to do.

Maybe someone from the project could help you more. I agree though that if I'd found a pulsar I'd like the certificate :)

Jonathan Brier ID: 159 Posts: 112
15 Jul 2013 02:52 PM

Jo1252 is correct with at the moment in our development we do not permit access to any of the backfill research projects to prevent altering the balance between projects.  We are able to monitor who discovers any significant results and are able to notify them if this occurs for claiming any rewards or recognition.  We want everyone to get the recognition they deserve.

The main focus of Charity Engine is the generation of funds for charity and these research projects are getting free computing time with what is not being utilized by funded projects which generates money for the drawings and donations to the charities.  We are working to take software designed for distributed control and converting it to fit a completely different model of centralized coordination.  This trasition period limits features for users as we build new mechanisms to work in this model.

Thank you for participating in Charity Engine.